Welcome To TNWC
- Acquire Land and Build Warehouse Godowns at suitable places.
- Act as agent of the State Government & Run Warehouses for the storage of agricultural produces, seeds, manures, fertilizers, agricultural implements and notified commodities offered by individuals, co-operative societies and other institutions.
- Arrange transport facilities to and from Warehouses for transportation of stocks.
- Carry out such other functions as may be prescribed by the Government from time to time.
- Creation of Negotiable Instrument (Warehouse Receipt) for the expansion of credit through Commercial Banks for the benefit of all producers, dealers and others who might be connected with rural economy.
- Improving Nation’s real income by reducing waste and losses in storage, by promoting and developing warehousing and scientific storage facilities.
- Assistance to the Government and Government Sponsored Organizations in Price support and Price control schemes.
- Assistance in orderly marketing by introducing standard grade specifications in the Warehouse Receipts
The Corporation acquires land and builds warehouses on scientific method at potential places after conducting market survey.
It also provides Negotiable Warehouse Receipts to the producers, dealers and others to get credit facilities from the banks. Besides, the Corporation carries out disinfestations/ pest control services in their own godowns as well as in various Government and private buildings as part of its commercial activities.
Five Directors nominated by the Government of Tamil Nadu Two Directors nominated by the Central Warehousing Corporation and Three Director nominated by the Government of India. Chairman of the Board of Directors is nominated by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
The Board acts on sound business principles having regard to public interest and is guided by the policies of the Government.
TNWC was established under the Agricultural Produce (Development and Warehousing) Corporation Act, 1956, which was subsequently replaced by Warehousing Corporation Act, 1962.
Commencement of Activities: 2nd May 1958.
SHARE HOLDERS : CWC (50%) and Govt. of Tamil Nadu (50%)
SHARE CAPITAL : Rs. 7.61 Crores CWC
Rs. 7.61 Crores Govt. of Tamil Nadu