Welcome To TNWC
Government of Tamil Nadu, vide G.O.Ms.No.533 Food and Consumer Protection Department dated 06/04/1988 entrusted additional responsibility to TNWC to undertake Disinfestations/Pest Control Services beyond its warehouses in respect of Agricultural produce or other notified commodities.
Over the years, TNWC has developed the expertise in Pest Management in the following areas.
- Rodent Control
- House hold Pest Management – Cockroaches, Mosquitoes, House Flies, Bed Bugs, Spiders, Lizards, Carpet Beetles, Fleas, Ants, Wasps, Locusts etc.
- Storage Pest Management
- Anti Termite Treatment (Pre & Post Construction)
- Hospital and Nursing Homes Treatments
- Disinfestations of Commercial Complexes
Major Clients of TNWC for Pest Control Services include:-
- Madras High Court
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission.
- District Treasuries
- Pay and Accounts Offices
- Accountant General Office Tamil Nadu
- Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department.
- Adi Dravida Welfare Hostels
- Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation
- Employees Provident Fund Organization.
- Anna Institute of Management
- Anna University (MIT)
- Metropolitan Transport Corporation
- Civil Courts
- Magistrate Courts
- King Institute
For further Information please contact:
Asst.General Manager (Technical)
Tamilnadu Warehousing Corporation.
Phone : 044-22351497, 22351303
The Corporation acquires land and builds warehouses on scientific method at potential places after conducting market survey.
It also provides Negotiable Warehouse Receipts to the producers, dealers and others to get credit facilities from the banks. Besides, the Corporation carries out disinfestations/ pest control services in their own godowns as well as in various Government and private buildings as part of its commercial activities.
Five Directors nominated by the Government of Tamil Nadu Two Directors nominated by the Central Warehousing Corporation and Three Director nominated by the Government of India. Chairman of the Board of Directors is nominated by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
The Board acts on sound business principles having regard to public interest and is guided by the policies of the Government.
TNWC was established under the Agricultural Produce (Development and Warehousing) Corporation Act, 1956, which was subsequently replaced by Warehousing Corporation Act, 1962.
Commencement of Activities: 2nd May 1958.
SHARE HOLDERS : CWC (50%) and Govt. of Tamil Nadu (50%)
SHARE CAPITAL : Rs. 7.61 Crores CWC
Rs. 7.61 Crores Govt. of Tamil Nadu